Hadley's 4th birthday was this 4/4! She decided this year she wanted an Easter themed birthday...no princesses, not ballet- Easter! So, we had family over and had an Easter brunch style meal (ham, deviled eggs, fruit, quiche, etc...) and an Easter egg hunt (in the rain!). It was a great day! At 4 years old there is pretty much NOTHING she cannot do. It pains me to say this, but there is no baby, no toddler left in her...just little girl! She is the best child I could ever imagine-truly! She is empathetic, caring, sweet, obedient, a good sleeper, a (mostly) good eater, and then some! She amazes us and entertains us daily. David and I are truly in awe of the dynamic and intelligent little blessing that is Hadley! And no, I don't expect everyone to be as enthralled with her as we are...but we're her parents!
Pregnancy Updates
So...we were falsely informed (see below post) that the hematoma had shrunk....when it was truly the exact same size! The specialist measured it (as opposed to our regular OB with a lower resolution ultrasound) and was sad to report it was still there, still big, and still not reabsorbing! Darn! I have had 2 episodes of increased contractions in the last month, but my body is showing no other signs of impending labor. (TMI alert- they can run a test called a fetal fibronectin test and if positive, it indicates possible labor within 2 weeks. This is a swab test sent to a lab. They also measure your cervix length via ultrasound to see if it is thinning/shortening and mine is not-phew!). So, all appears stable for now. Our little one had 2 other concerning ultrasound findings, one in the brain and one in the heart...but we are told these can be anatomically normal findings in some children. In others, they are indicators of chromosomal abnormalities, such as Downs or Trisomy 18. Our blood work and other measurements indicate an EXTREMELY low Downs and Trisomy 18 risk, so we are praying hard that God will continue to protect this little one. He is definitely a strong kicker and at about 25 weeks he is measuring 1 pound 12 oz. So, we are right on track. I am finding it hard to sit around now that my energy level is increasing and the weather is improving. Contractions put me in my place when I over do it, though! I am thankful for every day this little boy stays inside...and maybe Murphys Law will come into play and I'll go a week overdue like I did with Hadley! Ha!
3 comments:
Thanks for the updates!!! i've been thinking about you guys with all the tornadoes and storms that went through Raleigh! I hope you're doing ok!!! Take it easy and I'm praying for ya, girl!
Thanks for the updates!!! i've been thinking about you guys with all the tornadoes and storms that went through Raleigh! I hope you're doing ok!!! Take it easy and I'm praying for ya, girl!
mmmmmmmmm 4 yrs old fun time in bed for you, this year I think it is time for anal play too, don't worry I will use lots of lube and start with small toys
Post a Comment