
Hadley has been swimming so well at the pool recently and kept noticing the other big kids with goggles. So, finally David decided she should have her own goggles. Off to the store we went where she picked the only pink pair...and was squealing with joy! I definitely thought she'd rip them off instantly because goggles are tight and uncomfortable to me...so I was shocked that she wore them a ton at the pool. We would splash her and she'd say, "Good thing I had on my goggles!" She'd jump to us and go under a come up sputtering, "Good thing I had on my goggles!" I bet we heard her say that 20 times in the hour and a half at the pool. She is no longer afraid to go under water and can swim around in her swimmies wonderfully. She will push off the steps without her swimmies and slowly doggie paddle to us as she sinks down...but it is huge progress from the beginning of the summer! I'll have to try to get some video before summer is gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment