Thursday, January 29, 2009
A visitor
Some of you regular blog checkers may have noticed that the Woodworth family blog has not been updated in a while! Well...our family had a little uninvited visitor recently...by the name of ROTAVIRUS! Hadley woke up about 2 weeks ago and was vomiting nonstop, a terrifying and horribly messy experience for a one year old. The next day she continued vomiting every single ounce of liquid we gave her. Her little body was ravaged by this and that night she woke up screaming non-stop. Nothing soothed her and she was arching her back and crying in that sound that lets a parent know something is really wrong (we also noticed no tears were coming out when she cried-a sign of dehydration)...so we were off to the emergency room. Let me paint a picture for you...we took Hadley in at around 2am and on the way there the vomiting continued in the car, as I walked her into the ER, and as we sat in the waiting room. Suddenly, she said "belly hurt" and had the worst most explosive liquid diarrhea ever...on my lap (through the diaper and jammies). I was soaked through my jeans-seriously. David was filling out paperwork, so I just sat there in shock. We changed her and went through all the pretesting. Her poor father suddenly ran to the restroom in the middle of all this and he too had succumb to the virus! My dad took him home and my mom stayed with me and Hadley. Long story short...she had normal blood sugar and no fever, so they gave her antinausea medication and sent us home...4 hours later (me with my diarrhea jeans and vomit in my hair-LITERALLY- my mom was wiping it out with paper towels!). Hadley slowly recovered starting the next day (although the diarrhea lasted a solid 8 days) and then that night I came down with it, despite all our precautions! The amazing thing is that Hadley had been around her cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles and NO ONE else got it! So...that was a huge blessing. Our household was just disgusting for a solid week and then after LOADS of laundry and TONS of Lysol we reemerged a few pounds lighter! So, that...my friends...is why we have not posted in a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh. my. word. That is AWFUL!!!!!! I was wondering how things were going--I'm definitely a regular blog checker! ;) I am so happy that everyone is better-even though your whole house had a rough spell! :(
Post a Comment